GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWYS
No. F(X)I-2002 / 11/ 2
New Delhi, dated: 27.10.2023
As per standard Lists – I, II & III
Sub : Revision of flat rate of Licence Fee (Standard Rent) for residential accommodation all over Indian Railways w.e.f. 01.07.2023 – reg.
The flat rates of Licence Fee (Standard Rent) for residential accommodation all over Indian Railways were last revised w.e.f. 01.07.2020 vide Board’s letter of even number dated 05.11.2020. Ministry of Railways has now decided to revise the Licence Fee (Standard Rent) for residential accommodation all over the Indian Railways w.e.f. 01.07.2023, as shown in the Annexure-A.
- The revised rates will be effective from 01.07.2023.
- The revision shall be valid for residential accommodations all over the Indian Railways. However, it does not apply to sub-standard accommodation.
- Immediate action may please be taken to give effect to these orders.
- Receipt of this letter may please be acknowledged.
(Ashish Singh) Director, Finance (Exp.)
|Type of Plinth (In Square Meter)||Rates of Licence Fee (w.e.f. 01.07.2020 – Rupees per month)||Revised Rates of Licence Fee (w.e.f. 01.07.2023 – Rupees per month)|
|IV and Officer’s Transit Flats|
|V and Other Quarters|
|Servant Quarter||100||Rounded to nearest 120 per month|
- (i) For servant’s quarters, the revised rate of License Fee w.e.f. 01.07.2023 is rounded to the nearest 120 per month.
- (ii) Rates of Licence Fee for Type-IV quarters will also apply to officer’s Transit flats.
- (iii) The rates of License for all other types of quarters having a plinth area above 350 sqm will be the rate of license fee applicable for the highest slab of Type-V accommodation (i.e., Rs. 5230 per month).