The SB Order No. 18/2023, issued by the Ministry of Communications, Department of Posts, outlines a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for handling and processing payments related to Post Office Savings Bank (POSB) accounts and certificates that were not migrated to the Finacle CBS (Core Banking Solution) system. The directive acknowledges that despite the implementation of CBS and CSI GL integration in September 2019, some POSB transactions continue to be manually recorded in the F & A Module of CSI due to various reasons.
Standard Operating Procedure for handling / payment of accounts / certificates non-migrated to Finacle CBS
SB Order No. 18/2023
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
(Financial Services Division)
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
All Head of Circles / Regions
Subject: Standard Operating Procedure for handling / payment of accounts / certificates non-migrated to Finacle CBS – Reg.
Madam / Sir,
Various references have been received in this office regarding streamlining of the procedure for processing payments against POSB accounts and certificates which were left out during migration to Finacle CBS due to various reasons.
- After CBS & CSI GL integration which was implemented in September 2019, ideally there should not have been any manual voucher posting in the F & A Module of CSI for accounting of POSB transactions. However, in order to account the POSB related transactions which are handled out of Finacle CBS, due to multiple reasons, voucher posting in F&A Module of CSI is being resorted to.
- In order to streamline the handling and payment of such non migrated POSB accounts and certificates and also to restrict voucher posting in F&A module of CSI in respect of POSB receipts and payments, it has been decided that payment of any such non-migrated account(s) and certificate(s) shall be done in Finacle. This will result into appropriate accounting of all the POSB transactions in Finacle and will strengthen the checking mechanism. It will also lead to reduction of inconvenience to customers.
- Accordingly, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to handle all such non-migrated POSB account(s) / certificate(s) in Finacle has been prepared and is attached for information, guidance and necessary action.
- Circles should ensure that direct manual voucher postings in respect of POSB payment transactions in F&A module of CSI are not done by the post offices.
- It is requested to circulate it to all concerned for information, guidance, and necessary actions.
- This is issued with the approval of the Competent Authority
(T C VIJAYAN)
Assistant Director (SB-I)