The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts in Sector-9, Chandigarh, issued an important circular (FC/11/CHD/NPS/Circular) dated 18/07/2023, addressed to various offices and authorities. The circular informed about the stoppage of the rights to modify certain details by Nodal Offices. The information was received from NSDL, now known as PROTEAN, via email on 13/07/2023.
Stoppage of Name, Date of Birth, Date of Joining and Date of Retirement Changes by Nodal Offices
PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFNECE ACCOUNTS
The Officer in Charge
- Pay Section (Local)
- AN Pay (Local)
- AAO (Pay) WC, Jalandhar Cantt
- AAO (Pay) WC, Pathankot Cantt
- PAO, (OR) 14 GTC, Solan
- All AOGEs under PCDA(WC) Chandigarh
Sub:-Important intimation: Stoppage of Name, Date of Birth, Date of Joining and Date of Retirement Changes by Nodal Offices
NSDL (Now PROTEAN) has intimated this office via e-mail dated 13.07.2023 that the rights to modify following details will be withdrawn effective Saturday, July 15, 2023. Effective this date, any change to the below mentioned four positions, will be carried out by CRA on behalf of Government Offices.
- Date of Birth (DoB)
- Date of Joining (DoJ)
- Date of Retirement (DOR)
The process to update subscriber’s Name, DoB, DoJ & DoR will be as follows :
- Subscriber desiring change of Name & DoB will apply in writing to his / her DDO alongwith true copies of all relevant supporting documents.
- DDO will verify the application with original documents and attest the same and forward the application and supporting true copies to PAO office.
- In case the Do} & DoR are also to be changed the DDO or any higher office will initiate correspondence in a similar manner.
- The documents duly signed by the DDO; PAO & Pr. AO for Central/ Government Offices should be sent to CRA for further processing.
- Oversight office can share the same in a high quality colour scanned copy with CRA through its registered email ID (email coming from any other email ID may not be processed).
- This email may be sent to email@example.com by Central Government.
- On receipt of this email, CRA will check the application and documents and process the same if found in order or revert the same to office in case of any inconsistencies.
3 This is for your information, guidance, and necessary