The Central Board of Direct Taxes, Ministry of Finance in India has issued a letter to all the Principal Chief Commissioners of Income Tax (CCsIT) and Chief Commissioners of Income Tax (CCIT) regarding the Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) for filing of Annual Performance Appraisal Reports (APARs) by Officers Reported Upon (ORUs) and their approval by Custodians on SPARROW portal.
The SPARROW portal has been updated to allow ORUs to fill in their basic details for generating their APARs for the Reporting Year 2022-23 onwards. The updated SoP for ORUs and Custodians (Primary and Alternate) have been attached as Annex A and Annex B, respectively. The letter requests the recipients to circulate the annexed SoPs to all the officers and Custodians in their charge. The letter is signed by DDIT (SPARROW) (HRD), Saurabh Pratap Singh and issued with prior approval of the competent authority.
SoP for filing of APAR by ORUs and approval by Custodians on SPARROW from the Reporting Year 2022-23 onwards
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES
(HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT)
2nd Floor, JLN Stadium, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi – 410003.
All the Pr. CCsIT (CCA)
Subject: SoP for filing of APAR by ORUs and approval by Custodians on SPARROW from the Reporting Year 2022-23 onwards -reg.
Kindly refer to the above.
- Sparrow portal has been updated to allow Officers Reported Upon (ORUs) to fill in Basic Details for generating their APARs from Reporting Year 9022-23 onwards.
- Earlier Basic Information for the ORU was filled in by the Primary/Alternate Custodian on the basis of physical data provided by the ORU. Now in the updated SPARROW portal ORU also has the option to fill in the Basic details on his own. Primary/Alternate Custodian may either copy the data filled by the ORU or fill in the same in case of any discrepancy.
- In light of the changes in the portal, the updated SoP for the ORUs is attached as Annex A and for the Custodians (Primary and Alternate) is attached as Annex B.
- Theretore, I am directed to kindly request you to circulate the annexed SoP’s for filing of APAR by ORUs and approval by Custodians on SPARROW portal to all the officers and Custodians in your charge.
- This issues with the prior approval of the competent authority.
(Saurabh Pratap Singh)
DDIT (SPARROW) (HRD)