The Government of India’s Ministry of Communications, Department of Posts, has issued a memo reiterating instructions on the nomination of Liaison Officers for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, EWS, and Ex-servicemen and setting up of a Reservation Cell for enforcing the reservation order in posts and services of the Central Government. The memo requests all Chief Postmasters General and Chief General Manager of PLI Directorate to bring the contents of the enclosed OM to the notice of all the appointing authorities under their control for necessary compliance. The memo also requests for the details of the Liaison Officers, such as their names, designations, telephone numbers, email, fax and complete addresses, to be posted and updated on the official website of the Department/Circle. A compliance report is to be submitted within 15 days along with the consolidated data in the enclosed format.
Nominating a Liaison Officer for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, EWS, and Ex-servicemen
No. SC 12/9/2022-SCT-DoP
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
Dated: 30th January, 2023
- All Chief Postmasters General,
- Chief General Manager, PLI Directorate
Subject:- Nomination of Liaison Officer for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, EWS and Ex-servicemen and setting up of a Reservation Cell in each Department for enforcement of order of reservation in posts and services of the Central Government – reiterating instructions thereon for strict compliance-reg.
I am directed to enclose herewith DoPT OM No. 43011/ 153/2010-Estt.Res.) dated 8th December, 2022 thereby reiterating the instructions issued on the subject cited above for strict compliance. It is requested to bring the contents of the enclosed OM to the notice of all the appointing authorities under your control for necessary compliance.
- As the Liaison Officers nominated keep on changing due to administrative reasons, such as transfer, promotions, retirement, etc, it is desirable that necessary details of the Liaison Officers, such as their names, designations, telephone numbers, email, fax and complete addresses are posted and updated as and when required on the official website of the Department/ concerned Circle.
- A compliance report in this regard may be submitted to this Directorate within 15 days along-with duly filled in data in consolidated manner in the format enclosed herewith.
- This office may also be kept updated as and when Liaison Officer changes due to administrative reasons in format mentioned at para 3 above.
Encl: as above.
Assistant Director General (PE-I & SCT)
Tele: 011- 2309 6244