The Tripura government has announced a further installment of Dearness Allowance (DA) at 12% over basic pay for state government employees effective from December 1, 2022. The total quantum of DA payable to state government employees will now be 20% over basic pay. The DA is a separate element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21). The rate of DA will also apply to employees of TPSC, TBSE, grant-in-aid schools, and urban local bodies. Other PSUs and autonomous bodies may also provide the DA installment to their employees subject to availability of resources. The arrears for the grant of 12% DA may be submitted to the Treasury/Sub-treasury Offices by January 7, 2023.
Release of further installment of Dearness Allowance
GOVERNMENT OF TRIPURA
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
AGARTALA : TRIPURA
Agartala 27th December, 2022
Subject : Release of further installment of Dearness Allowance.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the subject mentioned above and to state that the Governor of Tripura is pleased to decide grant of further installment of Dearness Allowance @ 12 % over the Basic Pay with effect from 1st December, 2022 to the State Government employees. With the release of this installment, total quantum of Dearness Allowance payable to the State Government employees with effect from 01-12-2022 shall stand at 20 % ( 8% + 12 %) over the Basic Pay.
- The term ‘basic pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per Tripura State Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2017 read with its 1st” Amendment, 2018 as accepted by the State Government, but does not include any other type of pay like Special Pay, Personal Pay, NPA, honorarium and any other addition to pay.
- The Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9(21).
- The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paisa and above may be rounded off to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paisa may be ignored.
- The above rate of Dearness Allowance would also be admissible for the employees of T.P.S.C., T.B.S.E., Grant-in-Aid Schools and Urban Local Bodies.
- Subject to availability / generation of resources, other PSUs and Autonomous Bodies may take decision for providing aforesaid installment of Dearness Allowance to its employees w.e.f. 01-12-2022.
- Those establishments/offices who have already submitted the salary bills for the month of December,2022 to the respective Treasury/ Sub-treasury Offices, the arrears on account of grant of 12% Dearness Allowances may be submitted to Treasury/ Sub-Treasury Offices by 7th January, 2023.
Deputy Secretary to the
Government of Tripura