One time option to pensioners for change of option for FMA or OPD without linkage to change of residence
Chennai – 600 003
FA &CAO/G, FA &CAO/CN/MS, FA&CAO/WS/PER
Dy.CPO/CW & LW/PER. APO/LW/PER, APO/Elect Shops/PER,
SPO/EWS/AJJ &TM/RPM, WPO/GOC, SMM/GSD/PER, SMM/LSD/PER,
Dy.CMM/GOC, AMPS/RPM, APO/CN/MS&ERS
Sub: Change in scheme under FMA.
Ref: RBE-137/2022 (PBC-216/2022 and PBC -239/2022).
In view of the above Board’s letter and PBC’s, it has been decided to provide an one time option to pensioners and family pensioners for change of option for FMA or OPD without linkage to change of residence.
Similar option was also made available earlier, at that time without the sanction of the Railways, FMA had been allowed automatically by Banks, this has resulted in some problem in issuance of the UMID card to the employees regarding their eligibility for OPD.
Hence, to avoid such situation the following guidelines are issued for information and compliance.
- Option forms as circulated vide PBC No.239/2022 dated 10.11.2022 should be submitted by the pensioner or family pensioner to the Personnel Branch of the Division/Workshop/Units concerned.
- On submission of the same, sanction of Competent Authority shall be obtained a sanction memorandum has to be issued.
- On the basis of the sanction memorandum, only FMA or OPD can be claimed.
- This should be ensured by the Accounts Department by issuing a Letter of Authority to the banks concerned in every individual case duly endorsing a copy to Personnel Branch (UL-3).
- No banks should be allowed to disburse FMA directly on their own, since change of option as have effect on the UMID cards issued.
- The copy of the sanction memorandum issued should be endorsed to the dealer or inspector who deals with the UMID card (UL-3). Based on that, the dealing clerk or the inspector who deals with the UMID card should make necessary changes to issue revised UMID card stating that the pensioner is eligible for FMA or otherwise as per the revised option.
Dy. Chief Personnel Officer/R&W
for Principal Chief Personnel Officer