Holidays List for Tamilnadu Govt Offices & all Commercial Banks including Co-operative Banks for the year 2023
The Government of Tamil Nadu has issued an order stating that public holidays, as declared under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881, will be observed in the state for the year 2023. These holidays will be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette. In addition, all offices under the control of the government will be closed on the dates specified in the notification, as well as on all Saturdays and Sundays in the year. This order also applies to state government undertakings, corporations, and boards. The annual closing of accounts for commercial and cooperative banks will not be observed on this day.
Government of Tamil Nadu 2022
PUBLIC (MISCELLANEOUS) DEPARTMENT
G.O. (Ms) No.682, Dated the 11th October 2022
திருவள்ளுவர் ஆண்டு 2053
Holidays – Public Holidays under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 for the State Government Offices and all Commercial Banks including Co-operative Banks in Tamil Nadu for the year 2023 – Orders issued.
1. G.O. (Ms) No. 935, Public (Misc.) Department dated 02.11.2021.
2. Reserve Bank of India letter No.CHN. HRMD. C3D. No.S1230/03.02.091/2022-2023, dated 08.07.2022.
The Government of Tamil Nadu pass the following orders in regard to the observances of Holidays in the State of Tamil Nadu for the year 2023:-
(i) Public Holidays: The Holidays declared under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) Indicated in the notification appended to this order will be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.
(ii) Government Holidays: The Government direct that all the offices under the control of the Government of Tamil Nadu be closed on:-
(a) The dates specified in the notification appended to this order(except Annual Closing of Bank Accounts on 01.04.2023).
(b) All Saturdays and Sundays in the Year 2023.
2. The above notified Public Holidays shall also apply to all State Government Undertakings / Corporations / Boards, etc.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
- New Year’s Day on 1st (Sunday)
- Pongal on 15th (Sunday)
- Thiruvalluvar Day on 16th (Monday)
- Uzhavar Thirunal on 17th (Tuesday)
- Republic Day on 26th (Thursday)
- Thai Poosam on 5th (Sunday)
- Telugu New Year’s Day on 22nd (Wednesday)
- Annual Closing of Accounts for Commercial Banks and Co-operative Banks on 1st (Saturday)
- Mahaveer Jayanthi on 4th (Tuesday)
- Good Friday on 7th (Friday)
- Tamil New Year’s Day/Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Birthday on 14th (Friday)
- May Day on 1st (Monday)
- Bakrid (Idul Azha) on 29th (Thursday)
- Muharram on 29th (Saturday)
- Independence Day on 15th (Tuesday)
- Krishna Jayanthi on 6th (Wednesday)
- Vinayakar Chathurthi on 17th (Sunday)
- Milad-un-Nabi on 28th (Thursday)
- Gandhi Jayanthi on 2nd (Monday)
- Ayutha Pooja on 23rd (Monday)
- Vijaya Dasami on 24th (Tuesday)
- Deepavali on 12th (Sunday)
- Christmas on 25th (Monday)