Department of Posts Recruitment Rules, 2022
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS
(Department of Posts)
New Delhi, the 17th June, 2022
G.S.R. 459(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Department of Posts (Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted) Recruitment Rules, 2015, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the posts of Postal Assistant (Circle Office and Regional Offices), Postal Assistant (In the Foreign Post Organisations in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai), Postal Assistant (Savings Bank Control and Internal Check Organisations), Postal Assistant (Post Office) and Sorting Assistant (Railway Mail Service) in the Ministry of Communications, Department of Posts, namely:-
1. Short title and Commencement. – (1) These rules may be called the Department of Posts (Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant) Recruitment Rules, 2022.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, their classification and level in the pay matrix. – The number of posts, their classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc.- The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification. – No person, –
(a) who, has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Requirement to serve. – Any person appointed to the posts specified in the said Schedule shall be liable to serve anywhere in India including in Army Postal Services.
6. Power to Relax. – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Saving. – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, ex-Serviceman, Other Backward Classes and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
Source: egazette.nic.inDownload Department of Posts (Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant) Recruitment Rules, 2022