Implementation of MACPS w.e.f. 01.01.2006
INDIAN RAILWAYS TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION
No: IRTSA/ CHQ/ MACPS/2022-1
Secretary Finance (Expenditure),
New Delhi – 110001
Sub: Implementation of MACPS w.e.f. 01.01.2006.
Ref: 1. Recommendations of 110th report on “Pensioner’s Grievances-Impact of Pension Adalats and Centralized Pensioners Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS)”
2. Our earlier memorandum dated 15.12.2019 (Copy attached)
1. We seek your kind intervention to consider and revise the date of implementation of MACPS w.e.f 1.1.2006 (instead of 1-9-2008) as per the recommendations of 110th report on “Pensioner’s Grievances-Impact of Pension Adalats and Centralized Pensioners Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS)”
2. In para 3.35 of 110th report on “Pensioner’s Grievances-Impact of Pension Adalats and Centralized Pensioners Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPENGRAMS)” submitted to Parliament on 10th December 2021, it was recommended that, “The Committee feels that DOPPW should pursue the matter of implementation of MACP w.e.f 1st January, 2006 with DoPT as it will give relief to pensioners retiring in the intervening period i.e. from January, 2006 to August, 2008 as all other benefits were given to them from January 2006 as per 6th CPC recommendations”.
3. In our earlier memorandum, we have submitted other detailed justifications including that of Judgement given by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India & Hon’ble High Court of Bombay, 6th CPC recommendations for implementation of revised scheme of Pay Bands and Grade Pay as on 01.01.2006 retrospectively and Government’s acceptance of the same, implementation of 6th CPC recommendations on Pay Band, Grade Pay and Dearness Allowance w.e.f.01.01.2006 vide Extraordinary Notification of Resolution No.1/1/2008-I C, dated 29.8.2008, revision of Non Practicing Allowance (NPA) effective from the date an employee drawing pay in the revised scale applicable to him in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008, i.e. w.e.f. 1.1.2006, etc
4. Therefore without diluting the scheme it is requested that, MACPS may please be implemented from 1.1.2006 since MACPS is part of pay structure.
General Secretary, IRTSA
This is the long long pending demand of Pensioners that MACP be allowed from 01/01/2006 in line with the other benefits allowed on the basis of 6th Pay Commission Report. Hon’ble Supreme Court of India had also issued orders for allowing this benefit from 01/01/2006 but orders from DOPT is still awaited. This case may kindly be taken up with the Govt so that Senior citizens Pensioners may get this benefit in their life time. Thanks.