House Rent Allowance (HRA) @ 27%, 18% and 9% for X, Y & Z class cities w.e.f. 1st January 2021: IRTSA writes to FinMin
INDIAN RAILWAYS TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION
(Estd. 1965, Regd. No.1329, Website http://www.irtsa.net )
Department of Expenditure
Ministry of Finance, New Delhi.
Subject: Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC relating to grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) for central Government employees.
Ref: 1) Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No.2/5/2017-E-II (B), dated 7th July 2017.
2) Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure ID Note No. 2/5/2017-EII (B),pt, dated 04.08.2021
1) After freezing payment of increased rates of Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) for 18 months, Government decided to pay additional installments of Dearness Allowance (DA) for Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) for Central Government pensioners & family pensioners due on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021. DA & DR are paid at the rate of 28% pay & pension w.e.f. 1st July 2021.
2) While reiterating our demand for payment of frozen additional installment of DA & DR, 4% from 01.01.2020, 7% from 01.07.2020 and 11% from 01.01.2021 as arrears to the central Government employees and pensioners, we bring to your notice regarding payment of HRA at increased rate whenever rates of DA crosses 25%.
3) MoF, DoE O.M. dated 23rd April 2020 stated that, additional instalments of Dearness Allowances payable to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief payable to Central Government pensioners due on 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 shall not be paid. This order is specific only about nonpayment of additional instalments of DA & DR for the period of 18 months, not mentioned about freezing increase in rates of any other allowances.
4) MoF, DoE O.M. dated 7th July 2017, clearly states that rates of HRA will be revised to 27%, 18% and 9% for X, Y & Z class cities whenever rates of DA crosses 25%.
5) MoF, DoF, in its ID Note No. 2/5/2017-EII (B),pt, dated 04.08.2021 told that no separate order will be issued to its O.M dated 7th July 2021 for increasing the rates of HRA whenever rates of DA crossed 25%. i.e HRA should be paid at increased rates w.e.f. 1st January 2021, the date on which rates DA crossed 25%.
6) But, contradicting its own orders dated 7th July 2017, ID Note of DoE allows increased rates of HRA only from 1st July 2021.
7) It is therefore requested that, Rates HRA shall be revised to 27%, 18% and 9% for X, Y & Z class cities w.e.f. 1st January 2021, the date on which rates of DA crossed 25%.
General Secretary, IRTSA