DoPT Orders : Reflection of utilization of Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) – DOP&T
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 18 March, 2020
All Secretaries of Ministries/Departments,
Govt. of India.
Sub:- Reflection of utilization of Government e-Marketplace (GeM) in Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) – regarding
I am directed to say that Government of e-Marketplace (GeM) portal facilitates online procurement of common use goods & services by various Government Ministries/Departments. Procurement of goods & services through GeM portal has been made mandatory by Government of India under Rule 149 of General Financial Rules, 2017 , for goods and services available on GeM. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement and to achieve the best value for money.
2. To ensure that this digital e-commerce portal for procurement of goods and services is appropriately utilized by all the Ministries/Departments , it has been decided, with the approval of the competent authority, that a reflection of the work done through GeM by the Officer Reported Upon (ORU) shall be made in the APAR of All India Service officers working at Centre in all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
3. The ORU, who are handling procurement from GeM portal in their Ministry/Department/Organistion, while recording self-appraisal in APAR form, against the columns “Tasks to be performed” and “Deliverables ” shall specify the ‘Total budget allocated for procurement by the Ministry/Department/Division/Section’ (as may be applicable in the case of the ORU) and against the corresponding column “Actual Achievement”, the ORU shall indicate (i) total procurement through GeM portal made by him/her during the period of report (ii) specifying the % of procurement through GeM portal (iii) the procurements made outside GeM and the reasons therefor, and (iv) steps taken for promotion of GeM in the Ministry/Department /Division.
4. The Reporting and Reviewing officers, shall, in general, while recording the numerical grading under “Assessment of work output” “Assessment of Personal Attributes” and “Assessment of Functional Competency” in the APARs, shall wherever applicable, take into account the performance of the ORU for procurement of goods & services through GeM, in accordance with the extant instructions in force during the period of report. Also, the remarks recorded by the ORU in Self-appraisal against “Tasks to be performed”, “Deliverables” and “Actual Achievement” on procurements made (as mentioned at para 3 above) , may specifically be taken into account by the Reporting and Reviewing officers, while according numerical grading for items such as “Accomplishment of planned work” under “Assessment of work output” and ” Knowledge of laws/rules/procedures/IT skills and awareness of the local norms in the relevant area” of “Assessment of Functional Competency ”. A reflection of the performance of the ORU with reference to procurement through GeM or otherwise may also be recorded by the Reporting Officer in Pen Picture of the ORU.
5. The above instructions would be applicable for APAR from the reporting year 2020-2021.
6. All Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the above instructions to the notice of all the officers under them for strict implementation .
Under Secretary (Services)