DOP : Guidelines to Circles for dealing with the rising Covid infections: Department of Posts
File No: AD-91/18/2020-Admin
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001.
Dated: 16th April, 2021
Sub: Guidelines to Circles for dealing with the rising Covid infections
Considering the fact that Postal services are essential Services and are required to continue un-hindered during any partial lockdown or restrictions imposed by the respective State/UT Governments, the Postal Circles are hereby directed to kindly adhere to the following broad guidelines:
1. All offices must ensure strict compliance of Covid appropriate behavior viz. frequent washing of hands, use of sanitizers, wearing of masks, observing social distancing etc at all times.
2. Heads of offices must ensure non-crowding in public hall, counters, corridors, canteens, parking etc.
3. All employees of the age of 45 years and above may get themselves vaccinated, so as to effectively contain the spread of COVID-19.
4. Depending on local conditions, HoCs may decide on introducing staggered office entry and exit timings in their Circles, in order to avoid overcrowding.
5. Some percentage of staff working in administrative offices can be allowed to Work from Home. Officials working from home should also be available on telephone/email etc and should make themselves available in office as and when required, even at short notice, considering the exigencies of work.
6. Meetings, as far as possible, shall be conducted on video-conferencing.
7. Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of the workplaces must be ensured.
8. All employees/workers be directed to ensure strict compliance of instructions on COVID appropriate behavior issued by MHA, MoH&FW and DoP&T from time to time.
9. Bio metric attendance shall continue to be suspended and physical attendance registers to be maintained until further orders.
Assistant Director General (Admin.)