Calendar of Examinations scheduled to be held in the year 2021
F. No. A-34012/01/2021-DE
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi – 110001
Dated : 11th March, 2021
1. All Heads of Circles.
2. The Additional Director General, APS, New Delhi
Subject : Calendar of Examinations scheduled to be held in the year 2021.
I am directed to forward herewith the Calendar of Examinations (enclosed as Annexure ‘A’) scheduled to be held in the year 2021 and ‘Broad Guidelines for conducting examinations’ (enclosed as Annexure `B’) duly approved by the Competent Authority.
2. Activities for all examinations other than Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) for promotion to the cadre of Inspector of Posts and LDCE for promotion to the cadre of Postal Service Group ‘B’, will be undertaken by the Circles. The activities, inter alia, will include:
(i) Setting of all Question-papers as per pattern and syllabus notified by the Directorate, translating the question papers into Hindi and the local language(s) as notified in Annexure-E of Department of Posts notification No.17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 10.05.2019 followed by No. 17- 08/2018-SPB-I (pt.) dated 10.06.2019, 17-08/2018-5PB-I dated 20.06.2019, 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 26.06.2019, 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 28.06.2019, 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 11.07.2019, 17-08/2018-SPB-I dated 23.07.2019.
(ii) Jumbling of the questions to create 4 series (AM, C 8 D) of the Question Papers.
(iii) Printing of the required number of question Papers in English. Hindi and the notified local language(s) for the Circle,
(iv) Procurement of required number of OMR sheets.
(v) All formalities relating to conducting of examinations.
(vi) Conducting the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) [if prescribed in the pattern of the examination].
(vii) Declaration of the results.
3. It may be ensured that the Time Schedule as indicated in the Calendar of Examinations, 2021 is strictly adhered to and timely action be taken at all stages. In case of delay in announcement of result, the reason for delay and remedial measures that can be taken to curb such delay in future may be brought to the notice of this Directorate.
4. As regards, departmental examinations related to PA Wing, Circles have already been informed vide Directorate’s letter No. A-34012/04/2020-DE dated 01.12.2020 that in future, all the activities from notification to declaration of results and coordination of the examinations may be conducted by PAF Wing of the Postal Directorate. Circles have also requested to correspond directly with PAF Wing of the Postal Directorate for any clarification/issue related to the examinations. Circles are requested to follow the orders in ibid letter strictly. No communication relates to the examinations of PA Wing will be entertained in this Section.
5. Appropriate action will be taken by all concerned.
(N. R. Girl)
Assistant Director General (DE)