7th CPC fixation of pay and payment of arrears —instructions- regarding.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
(Implementation Cell, 7th CPC)
Room No. 214, The Ashok
New Delhi, the 29th July, 2016
Subject: Implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission — fixation of pay and payment of arrears —instructions- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s Resolution No. 1-2/2016-IC dated 25.07.2016, bringing out the decisions of the Government on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission as well as the consequent promulgation of the Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016, notified vide G.S.R No. 721(E) dated 25th July, 2016 regarding fixation of pay in the revised pay structure effective from 01.01.2016 and to say the provisions governing such fixation of pay have been clearly enunciated in the said Rules.
2. Accordingly, in pursuance of the CCS (RP) Rules, 2016, appropriate necessary action to fix the pay of the employees covered thereunder in the revised pay structure needs to be carried out forthwith in accordance with the provisions contained therein. In order to facilitate a smooth and systematic fixation of pay, a proforma for the purpose (Statement of Fixation of Pay) is enclosed at Annexure. The statement of fixation of pay in revised pay structure as per CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 be prepared in triplicate and one copy thereof be placed in the Service Book of the employee concerned and another copy made available to the concerned accounting authorities [Chief Controller of Accounts/Controller of Accounts/Accounts Officer] for post-check.
3. The revised pay structure effective from 01.01.2016 includes the Dearness Allowance of 125% sanctioned from 01.01.2016 in the pre-revised pay structure. Thus, Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be zero from 01.01.2016. The rate and the date of effect of the first installment of Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be as per the orders to be issued in this behalf in future.
4. The decision on the revised rates and the date of effect of all Allowances (other than Dearness Allowance), based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission shall be notified subsequently and separately. Until then, all such Allowances shall continue to be reckoned and paid at the existing rates under the terms and conditions prevailing in the pre-revised pay structure as if the existing pay structure has not been revised under the CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 issued on 25.07.2016 .
5. The contributions under the Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS) shall continue to be applicable under the existing rates until further orders.
6. The existing system on interest free advances for medical treatment, Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall continue as hitherto.
7. The arrears as accruing on account of revised pay consequent upon fixation of pay under CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 with effect from 01.01.2016 shall be paid in cash in one installment along with the payment of salary for the month of August, 2016, after making necessary adjustment on account of GPF and NPS, as applicable, in view of the revised pay. DDOs/PAOs shall ensure that action is taken simultaneously in regard to Government’s contribution towards enhanced subscription.
8. With a view to expediting the authorization and disbursement of arrears, it has been decided that the arrear claims may be paid without pre-check of the fixation of pay in the revised scales of pay. However, the facilities to disburse arrears without pre-check of fixation of pay will not be available in respect of those Government servants who have relinquished service on account of dismissal, resignation, discharge, retirement etc. after the date of implementation of the Pay Commission’s recommendations but before the preparation and drawl of the arrears claims, as well as in respect of those employees who had expired prior to exercising their option for the drawal of pay in the revised scales.
9. The requirement of pre-check of pay fixation having been dispensed with, it is not unlikely that the arrears due in some cases may be computed incorrectly leading to overpayments that might have to be recovered subsequently. Therefore, the Drawing & Disbursing Officers should make it clear to the employees under their administrative control, while disbursing the arrears; that the payments are being made subject to adjustment from amounts that may be due to them subsequently should any discrepancies be noticed later. For this purpose, an undertaking as prescribed as per a “Form of Option” under Rule 6(2) of the CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 shall be obtained in writing from every employee at the time of exercising option under Rule 6(1) thereof.
10. In authorizing the arrears, Income Tax as due may also be deducted and credited to Government in accordance with the instructions on the subject.
11. On receipt of the necessary options, action for drawal and disbursement of arrears should be completed immediately.
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
Pushkar singh says
Sir mera grade pay 1800 hai to mera total arrer kitna hoga
Cornell Pergram says
ii. The level corresponding to GP 8700 is level 13, as may be seen from Table 4, which gives the full correspondence between existing Grade Pay and the new Levels being proposed.
SWAPAN sasmal says
Sir as on date my basic pay 10370 , grade pay 2800,or MSP 2000.asper 7CPC how would my new pay .
Pension should be less than anyone’s last drawn pay
Vishwanath Besra, NICED, Kolkata says
The terms of reference of the 7th Central Pay Commission — in respect of Pensioners/Family Pensioner – whether fixation of pension as per Option I & II are remain unchanged ?
No further order in this respect has been issued till date. – Immediate order/instructions in this regard may be issued if it is unchanged.
Regarding Implementation of 7th CPC recommendations for Pension holder of Autonomous organization (under taking/under control by G.O.I.) has not yet been issued separately.
The date of issuance of order for autonomous organization in all respect are still pending.
SK Sharma says
Are pensioners very rich than who are in service? So Govt doesn’t think for them. Or Govt doesn’t bother whether they live or die, as they cannot protest by strike or by any other means. Gov’t is giving big lectures for welfare of public especially for old age pensioners .Actually they want farewell of pensioners. For our revised pension and arrears we have to wait on mercy of Defence Minister.
Nothing is mentioned about pensioners fixation. ..?
Weather separate orders will be issued.?.
Pay body proposed variable fitment, not 2.57 uniformly. For pb3, it was 2.67. That is ignored. Kalasi to Cabinet Secretary is given the same 2.57. Bureaucracy is based on hierarchy and differentiated roles and responsibilities. To treat everyone alike is not done. Pay after increment is more than the immediate next cell in many cases. In such cases, it will be less than 3%. It ought to be next higher if the total exceeds the immediate next cell. The committee to look into allowances is not constituted even after one month of the announcement. And, it is supposed to submit its report in four months! Who is responsible for this delay? All questions, no answers, not even reactions!
T.k otayya says
T KOTAYYA HYDERABAD.BJP Govt is happy PC records ever lowest benefit under 7th PC so they can save money for vote bank politics.Govt is paying paltry 14% be edit after 10 yrs but is showing as if.sslary pensioners r benefitting by abt 200% rise and misleading public.PENSIONETS R TREATED VERY BADLY
P.K.Unnikrishnan Nair says
For serving employees orders issued for payment of revised pay.But it is unfair that the OM is silent about pensioners.Are they getting revised pension and arrears at least based on multiplication factor 2.57?The banks can do this in no time.But they need instructions from Dept.of pensioners welfare.It seems they have forgotten about welfare.Pray we too be shown mercy.
BALACHANDRAN NAIR PK says
Pensioners are a liability for Govt at central and states. Both of them are thinking how they can avoid them. The finance ministry, deptt of expenditure has issued OM to pay salary and arrears for seven months together at the end of Aug-2016. Sir, what about the 55 lakhs pensioners. No OM is found to have been issued though there are more than 220 employees in the department of pension and pensioner’s welfare and CPAO New Delhi. The department’s name is welfare. I do not know what short of welfare they are being done than rejecting all petitions without even reading it. Even silly matters which can be solved within in the rules books are being rejected. So the aged pensioners should have to go to advocates right from CAT, High court and Supreme court. How many years it will take and the money involved it int? Whether the aged pensioners can bear it with their meager pension amount within which they have to found funds for treatment of self and wife the least. Whether they have any unholy nexus with the advocates all over India?
Dr BS Chahar says
I want to know whether my Grade Pay will be included in my existing band pay for calculating my new pay or not. For example at present my basic pay excluding Grade Pay is Rs 7000 and Grade Pay is Rs 1800. What will be my new basic pay :-
(a) Rs (0 to 7000) x 2.57=18000 or
(b) Rs (8600 to 8870) x 2.57= 22800 or
(c)Rs (8880 to 9140) x 2.57=23500
Pl confirm official supporting document in support of your decision, if you have.
PENSIONERS ARE NOT CONSIDERED AS HUMAN BEINGS BY THIS NDA GOVT BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT THREATEN THE GOVT,BY WAY OF STRIKE LIKE THE SERVING EMPLOYEES.WHEN WILL THE NOTIFICATION FOR THEM WILL BE ISSUED OR THE GOVT.WANTS TO SAVE MONEY BY POSTPONING THE NOTIFICATION.
The pensioners also were serving employees and were fully aware that all records either in the service book/history of records of officers are available and the last pay drawn/average pay of last 10 months are also recorded in the PPO. It is not known whom the Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions are fooling; even in serious cases when records are stolen or lost in fire etc., are built up. It is a very serious matter and the Ministry should be questioned about its irresponsibility to fool the Cabinet members which is headed by Hon. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modiji. They are answerable to the public.
Harshad Mandani says
Dt.30/08/2016=Nothing is good for the reasons that no orders-notification/Memorendun- for implementation of 7cpc has been issued so far for PENSIONERS. What Ministry of Personal and Public Grievances and Pensions, Govt. Of India is sleeping in good e-governs of Mr.Modi, PM. It is ridiculous that all news papers mentioned about effect os 7cpc to pensioners but no such orders are read sofar.Is it not poor governs?
Harshad Mandani says
Nothing is good for the reasons that no orders-notification/Memorendun- for implementation of 7cpc has been issued so far for PENSIONERS. What Ministry of Personal and Public Grievances and Pensions, Govt. Of India is sleeping in good e-governs of Mr.Modi, PM. It is ridiculous that all news papers mentioned about effect os 7cpc to pensioners but no such orders are read sofar.Is it not poor governs?
This 7th cpc is the lowest ever recommended pay revision exercise.
Union leaders were coerced to back out from strike. Income tax ceiling kept at same level. Service tax, swatch tax, krishi tax babla babla taxes mint money for govt. But in return, see the flood situation in gurugram, bangaluru etc. No infra. People suffer. PM always on world tour, living in dream world without understanding ground reality. His coterie like Arun jaitley squeezes the common man to favour tycoons thereby widening the gap of haves and have nots.
Throw away this govt on the very first opportunity that comes.
pension should be abolish
John M S says
Constitution should be thrown to trash. Why election after every five years?
Once anyone got to power should remove the constitution and bring back
kings. and replace him by another mighty one and become the king. and go on.
Those occupy the thrones in India do the same now .What is the difference?
Poor remain poor and rich remain the rich all the life. Foolish people thought it could be changed. But, those vote and elect the rulers have no common sense. They only know
slavery., and obey the rich. Those win and elected take undue advantage and cheat the
voters. Those fell in the ocean and found no way of escape drink as much they can what is around and drown. This is what the politicians do. They fell in to the sea of power, money and
comfort (all honey) and consume as much they can and drown. The voters should gain wisdom from what they had experienced in the past.
John M S says
A family consists of mainly husband and wife, then children.
Here, the Govt has ignored one, the pensioners. This is injustice.
Discrimination. Payment of pension on 28 Jul 2016 because of the strike
of Bank Employees is also not considered. Those receive salary only have the
right to live? Injustice. Why not arrange poison or a bullet on retirement of
Govt employees? Govt can save trillions.