7th pay commission Pay Matrix table for central government employees
7th pay commission Pay Matrix table (Civilian Employees).The 7th pay Commission has designed the new pay matrix keeping in view the vast opportunities that have opened up outside government over the last three decades, generating greater competition for human resources and the need to attract and retain the best available talent in government services. The nomenclature being used in the new pay matrix assigns levels in place of erstwhile grade pay.
7th Pay matrix
The pay matrix comprises two dimensions. It has a “horizontal range” in which each level corresponds to a ‘functional role in the hierarchy’ and has been assigned the numbers 1, 2, and 3 and so on till 18. The “vertical range” for each level denotes ‘pay progression’ within that level. These indicate the steps of annual financial progression of three percent within each level. The starting point of the matrix is the minimum pay which has been arrived based on 15th ILC norms or the Aykroyd formula
Also Check – Expected DA Calculator July 2022
7th CPC Pay matrix advantage includes the following:
- The 7th Pay matrix helps to merge the grade pay and pay bands into one composite level.
- PB-3 and PB-4 issues has been solved using 7th pay commission pay matrix
- Pay matrix level reduces the difference between various pay bands.
- 7th pay commission matrix simplifies the fixation of revised pay and no need of further calculations.
- Differential entry pay has been resolved by 7th CPC Pay matrix.
- Pay matrix table avoids the complication in annual progression, regular promotion, span of service.
- 7th pay commission table provides greater visibility and transparency when compared to earlier system.
- Administration process became easy with 7th pay matrix.
- 7th CPC pay matrix provides error free, unconfused and complete view of pay system in the Government of India.
- The difficulties of pay progression is rectified by Pay matrix and acts as powerful tool to bring in financial management reforms.
Here is the 7th CPC Pay matrix Table
7th Pay Commission Matrix Pay Level Wise
|PAY LEVEL 1||PAY LEVEL 7||PAY LEVEL 13|
|PAY LEVEL 2||PAY LEVEL 8||PAY LEVEL 13 A|
|PAY LEVEL 3||PAY LEVEL 9||PAY LEVEL 14|
|PAY LEVEL 4||PAY LEVEL 10||PAY LEVEL 15|
|PAY LEVEL 5||PAY LEVEL 11||PAY LEVEL 16|
|PAY LEVEL 6||PAY LEVEL 12||PAY LEVEL 17|